Thursday, April 06, 2006

Game 2: Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves 5:4

Wow, the final four innings were well worth getting out of bed one and a half hours early. Maybe frustration kept me awake, 'cause last night I lost my inbox due to the newly installed antivirus software. Technically, I still have the inbox file but my Mozilla Thunderbird can't see it (properly renamed and all).

Anyway, since I did not see the first four and a half innings, here's my thoughts and (mostly) questions:

(1) Tell me about Brad Penny. Looks like hit hit a hot wave tonight, right. 1 ER, 5 hits with 8 SO and no walks in five innings of work. I heard he was taken out of the game after the fifth due to high pitch count. Very effective outing anyway.

(2) I officially fell in love with Jae Seo stuff (especially that inside corner offspeed breaking pitch to righthanders). It was a little strange for a starting pitcher that Seo is that he ran out of gas in the eight (his third straight inning). Any possible explanations?

(3) James Loney - not a bad start: 1-for-3, walk, run scored, avoiding being hit by a line-drive from Bill Mueller. Looked very decent at the plate to me, very patient. Can we expect more of this batting maturity from him? On a side note - JD Drew and Rafael Furcal playing against the Braves: so far, so goooood :).

(4) Were there any fielding bloopers by the Dodgers tonight? How did Loney do at first defensively?

(5) When Danys Baez came out to close the game in the ninth I had good feelings and was not disappointed :). But the Repko slide in CF (on base hit) gave me a scare...

(6) Ok, first win of the season is in the bag :). Let's take the series from the Braves tomorrow. It's Odalis Perez vs Horacio Ramirez tomorrow night (7:10 p.m. PT). Might be another high-scoring affair, but I think we have a good chance of getting to Ramirez (unlike Hudson throughout most of the series opener).

On the left: two consecutive night games threatened by rain delay in LA? Gotta be kidding ;) [photo: art-barn.com]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home