Thursday, April 06, 2006

My MLB.tv timezone

Got my MLB.tv pass a couple of days ago. That came some three years since I last watched any baseball. Wow, seems like a long time and it is.

I heard a lot of users complain about the quality of streaming video feeds, inability to log in due to high traffic and non-responsive helpdesk staff. My experience is different. So far I have not had any difficulties logging in and staying in throughout the whole ballgame. Sure, the picture is not great, but from reasonable distance (3-4 metres) on my 19-inch screen is more than palatable.

Now, I watch games in a different timezone that most of the SoCal viewers. The typical 1:05 PT day games start in my late evening, after we've already eaten our supper and put our daughter to bed. The regular evening 7:05 PT games are easy, too. I simply get up at about 4:00 a.m. our time and as an early bird, I do catch the figurative worm ;). The East Coast afternoon games are the trickiest - I need to either get a couple of hours sleep in the evening and get up at 1:00 a.m. for the game and then go back to sleep for a couple of more hours, or stay up late and stumble through the wee hours of the morning. Tough, but manageable.

I still would not swap it for not seeing any Dodger baseball this year :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home