Saturday, April 07, 2007

James Loney Shout Out

It is completely bullshit that the Dodgers couldn't find a place for James Loney on the roster. As much as I love Nomar, I would much rather see J-Lo at first.

Now, before all of Nomar's supporters jump me, I do not advocate releasing him or benching him.

I would much prefer to keep him in the lineup. With a gaping hole at 3B that Wilson Betemit doesn't seem able to fill, I think it makes more sense to move Nomar to third base and put Loney at first. Both their bats, coupled with Loney's defense and Nomar's defense apparently being better than that of Betemit, it would be a win-win situation.

Sometimes their thinkin amazes me.

Now Loney is unhappy, and rightly so. He is respectfully asking for a trade and as much as I want to see him don that Dodger blue one day, I think the Dodgers owe it to him.

Ned (Colletti), you have probably made the worst decision of your short GM career by sending Loney down.

Many more gaffes, and it will be time to promote Kim Ng.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home